Monday, October 4, 2010

Quick Update

I have arrived in Agra, my last stop in India before flying home.  This is the home of the Taj Mahal.  I cannot wait to see it.

I had some success in Ranthambhore.  I saw a tiger.  She was T16, Queen of the Lake, one of the oldest tigers in the park.  She was less than 10 feet away from me.  I was so excited that I only got 1 picture of her stripes before she disappeared into the brush.  She was so beautiful..  Other than her, I saw lots of deer and peacocks and a mongoose, very cool (Riki Tiki Tavi has always been one of my favorite stories).

I have had a wonderful time in India and I am embarrassed to say that I am sad to leave.  There is so much beauty and variety here it is amazing.  It has been a perfect trip (plane crash included).  I look forward to coming back.

I will update my posts and pictures as soon as I return. 

See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Why be embarrassed. I am sad I can't spell that. This is a fabulous country on the rise. They all said don't go, but my cuz, with our attitude, said fu all I am going. I am so glad you have had a great time and believe me, before I leave you will come back and we will find all the lings? lingens? together. Be careful tomorrow. It is a black travel day. But it is good to have the day off. Thank you so much for visting me. It got me out of my funk and I really think it did for you too.
    I love my cousin Rachel. We connected like when we were kids.
    xxoo
    Curt

    ReplyDelete